Indian head massage is a form of holistic therapy massage that involves massaging not just the head but also the upper back and arms, shoulders, neck area, scalp and face.
Indian head massage is a technique of manipulating soft tissues in the shoulders, upper back and scalp. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate the head and neck area. A typical massage lasts about 20 – 30 minutes and you are seated.
The combination of techniques used:
• aids the circulatory, muscular and nervous systems
• stimulates arterial circulation, and increases venous and lymphatic flow
• helps reduce stress and can induce a feeling of euphoria
• frees knots of muscular tension and relaxes connective tissue
• stimulates the skin and underlying nerve endings
• can aid in the elimination of accumulated toxins and waste products
Indian head massage is particularly effective in addressing the effects of stress.
by Allison Moore
Find Indian Head Massage therapists in the UK and Indian Head Massage training courses.