- The Origin Of Stress
'The Origin of Stress and the Benefits of Meditation' by Kevin Schoeniger, offers a very interesting insight into the nature of stress and the practice of Qi Gong.
- Ayurvedic Medicine
Learn about this ancient Indian system of health care.
- Community Spotlight On Enso Martial Arts
This Bristol based enterprise provides a broad range of different services in one location. We visited Enso to find out what they have to offer.
- Tai Chi My Experience
What does an ancient Chinese martial art such as Tai Chi have to offer modern day people living in the UK? Read about my personal journey into the art of Tai Chi.
- Can Alternative Medicine Really Be Regulated?
Can the new Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council succeed in uniting and governing an industry that has always defied regulation?
- The New Alternative to Western Medicine
Is it complementary, is it alternative, or is it becomming the new convention? So called 'alternative medicine' is experiencing its finest hour in the UK. We examine the growing interest in alternative forms of treatment.
- Are you breathing for optimal health
Learn the natural breath and what it can do for your wellbeing.
- Tibetan Ball Massage
Elizabeth Lambert tells us of her discovery of the Indian practice known as Tibetan Ball Massage.
- Alternative Medicine in Your Everyday Life
Evelyn Lim reveals how even self confessed sceptics are already themselves regular practitioners of alternative medicine!
- Energy Medicine
'An introduction to the Principles and Practice of Energy Medicine' by Dr.Aruna Bakhru.
An introduction to the relatively new, yet rapidly growing, form of therapy known as BodyTalk.
- Holistic Healing or Traditional Medicine
- Liz Langdon explores the differences between holistic and traditional Western forms of healing.
- Successful Private Practice
This month Holistic Community takes a look at Successful Private Practice - a CD audio programme created specifically for alternative and complementary health practitioners.
- Theta DNA Healing
What is Theta Healing, also known as Theta DNA Healing or the Orion Technique?
- Body Mechanics: The application of compressive force
- Healing Hands for the Victims of the Bosnian War Atrocities
- Fighting Fatigue With Reiki
How Reiki can be used to help fight fatigue and restore energy.
- Chinese Tea - The Basic Facts
How Chinese Tea can be used to help a range of common health conditions.
- Healing Touch
An article on healing touch, and how it relates to the practice of Shiatsu.
- Emotional Therapy
An introduction to Emotional Therapy.
- Journey Therapy
Christina Urban-Winterfeldt shares her experience with Brandon Bays’ life changing work.
- Rekindle the Magic in Your Relationship
Anita Jackson shares her insights in how to make relationships work.
- Khemitology, the study of Ancient Egypt
An insight into the philosophy and healing practices of ancient Egypt.
- Yogic Touch
A form of therapy developed by Brigitte Hass to specifically heal trauma & stress conditions
- A Look at Alternative Medicine and Conventional Medicine
An introduction to some of the differences between alternative medicine and convention medicine
- What Are Natural Remedies for Depression
When looking at the possibility of being on medication for life, many people who suffer this condition are turning to natural remedies for depression. They would rather find natural treatments for depression that will help them cope with the depressive condition they experience every day.
- Angelic Reiki
Kay Zega introduces this system of healing that is currently attracting great interest.
- Hypnosis in Surgery
The history of using hypnosis in surgery and a look at some recent studies.
- Tips for Panic Attacks, and the Use of Herbs as a Natural Anxiety Remedy
Panic attacks are increasingly common in modern society. This article suggests a few natural options to help reduce their impact.
- Improving Your Overall Health Through Detoxification
What are the potential benefits of detoxification, and how can this be achieved?
- What is Hypnotherapy
Lyta Humphris helps to displel some common myths surrounding hpnotherapy and hypnosis.
- How to Benefit From Herbs
The medicinal benefits of herbs have been well documented. Many of the spices that we use to flavor our food can also help to heal us. In this article, we will discuss some of the most common herbs and how they can benefit us more then just my simply spicing up our favorite meals.
- A History of Acupuncture
A highly informative article on the history of acupuncture, and how it has arrived in it's modern day state.
- The Benefits of Deep Tissue Massage
An article on the direct benefits of Deep Tissue massage and how it can relieve pain, stress and anxiety and promote better overall health.
- Herbs for Increasing Energy
How certain herbs can be used to help give you an energy boost.
- Five Choices To Improve Your Digestion
Some helpful ideas to help with digestive problems.
- What is QiGong?
An introduction to the practice of QiGong.
- Alternative Medicine For Depression - Some Tips and Hints
Some ideas on how to help with depression.
- Pain Management and Naturopathy
How Naturopathy can be used to help with pain.
- Arthritis and Naturopathic Treatment
A look at how Naturopathy can be used to help treat Arthritis.
Submit an article
If you would like to submit an article relating to complementary and alternative therapies, or holistic lifestyles in general, please contact us at email@example.com.